What an adventurous weekend! Friday night was Kristen's 25th birthday party at the Great Escape, of course, and then some of us went out dancing afterward. Around midnight, Joe & Adrian left to walk home and shortly after they left I got a call to go outside and see these strange lights over lake Geneva. After clearing everybody in our party out from the bar, we all stood in the courtyard completely freaked out watching the UFOs hover and then fade away one by one slowly over ~20 minutes. Then we left to go dancing, but of course, Arnie was still freaked hours later when we were in the nightclub dancing. Saturday, Joe submitted a UFO report on some website where he found an extremely similar sighting from 2006. Who knows, maybe they were aliens, maybe they were just flares.
-Joe, Arnie, Kristen & I at Great Escape (why do the girls always look better than the guys?)

-aliens or flares?

-Arnie, Nathan & Stephan dancing at Buzz

Sunday, I went climbing with a group of people for the day at Pierre de Moëllé high up in the mountains. We had a beautiful view over toward Diablerets and perfect climbing weather. I did some really cool climbs and Kristen has a bunch of cool pictures of me. Once I get them from her I'll post them here or on flickr. I also did a lead-climb for the first time yesterday! Even though it was rated fairly easy, I was still super nervous. In the end I did it- didn't fall and made it back down all in one piece completely full of adrenalin! It's a totally different feeling than just top-roping. Can't wait to try it again! I have a feeling that I'm completely addicted to climbing... how strange....
-Kristen starting up the wall

-Super hardcore Kristen!

1 comment:
Yes, I filed an official "UFO sighting report". However, I have been told that these are probably Swiss Air Force (yes, they have one) flares for nighttime flying maneuvering excercises. Since that is more boring, we will stick it the invasion idea. It think that they may have "disappeared" due to surface-to-air missiles taking them out... now wouldn't that be something! And a gov't coverup! yes!
Post a Comment